Solar bus stops are an efficient means to provide lighting and power with no utility lines. They provide cost savings by eliminating the need to trench wires and the recurring cost of power bills after installation. Solar bus stop lights have been installed on bus stops and bus shelters for many cities and provide security, sustainability and an overall green image.
Solar Power for Bus Stop Lights
Every solar bus stop light comes with a self-contained solar power assembly that is sized to run the fixture(s) per the needs of the customer. Each power assembly is sized by the lamp power consumption times the number of hours of operation and how much sun is provided in each geographic area to provide adequate autonomy. The power assembly is mounted on the roof structure or at the top of a pole nearby.
- Self-contained solar power assembly comprised of single crystal solar modules bonded into a single array
- Welded rear channel mounting bracket
- Aluminum vented battery storage console with sealed GEL batteries
- All control electronics
See our Solar Power Systems section for additional information and specifications.
Solar Bus Stop Light Fixture
Various style fixtures are available from LED strips to canopy style fixtures. They can provide the needed lighting levels and distribution patterns to provide the perfect lighting solution.
- Lamping options such as LED, CFL, LPS, HPS and Metal Halide
- Manufacturer supplied photometries
- Diverse line of many different fixtures provided by our partnership with Hubbell Outdoor, Beacon Products, Architectural Area Lighting, Spaulding Lighting and Kim Lighting
See our Solar Light Fixture section for all fixture choices and specifications. *Note: LED Strips are a custom. Contact us directly for additional information.
- Comprehensive system warranty
- No trenching
- Grid free operation / No electric costs
- Easy installation
- State and Federal Incentives
- Environmentally Friendly
- Safe low voltage DC power
- AASHTO Wind Load Rating
- ARRA Compliant