Solar flashers are an efficient means to provide a traffic flasher with no utility lines. They provide cost savings by eliminating the need to trench wires and the recurring cost of power bills after installation. Solar flashers have been installed for many school zones, pedestrian crossings, vehicle over height detection systems and traffic hazard areas and provide security, sustainability and an overall green image. Traffic and school zone flashers provide the previously mentioned benefits while also increasing the safety for drivers, pedestrians, and cyclists.
Solar Power for Flashers
Every solar flasher comes with a self-contained solar power assembly that is sized to run the a single or double LED ball per the needs of the customer. Each power assembly is sized by the lamp power consumption times the number of hours of operation and how much sun is provided in each geographic area to provide adequate autonomy. The power assembly is typically mounted on the pole directly.
- Self-contained solar power assembly comprised of single crystal solar modules bonded into a single array
- Full cover vented aluminum panel pan
- Welded rear channel mounting bracket
- Aluminum vented battery storage console with sealed GEL batteries
- All control electronics
- Welded aluminum power bracket to bolt to any pole or wall
See our Solar Power Systems section for additional information and specifications.
Solar Flasher Fixture
Solar flasher fixtures uses a LED matrix sealed ball that is 8” or 12” in diameter and can steady burn or flash. The LED matrix comes with an impact resistant polycarbonate lens and is available in red, amber, or green. They are also available with a single fixture flashing or a double fixture with wig wag flashing capabilities.
See our TF fixture page for specifications and additional information.
- Comprehensive system warranty
- No trenching
- Grid free operation / No electric costs
- Easy installation
- State and Federal Incentives
- Environmentally Friendly
- Safe low voltage DC power
- AASHTO Wind Load Rating
- ARRA Compliant