Earth Hour 2012 is coming up this Saturday, March 31st at 8:30pm your local time. Are you planning on joining in?
Every year the world goes dark for one hour to take a stand against climate change. This movement was founded by the WWF - Austrailia in 2006 and the movement has been on the rise since. This year over 130 countries have signed up to participate.
Here is the official video for Earth Hour 2012
Even if your community isn't planning on being involved in the event there are still many things you can do to be active and play your part.
- Get your family and friends involved - last year I hit the breakers in my apartment even though I had guests over. We all sat around hanging out by candle light and enjoyed the time together with no distractions.
- Sign up to become and organizer of Earth Hour 2012 - contact the Earth Hour Global Team and they will help you organize an event.
- Organize a meetup - if you can't organize the entire community to join in, why not a group of people that share the same purpose.
- Spread the word - you have a lot more influence then you may think. Share your ideas and experiences with others on whatever social media platform you are on and join in the ongoing conversation.
- See the Earth Hour website for more information and ideas.